15 July 2018

Fairy Box - Nuvo mousse watercolour


This jubilant fairy is on a small box with roses. The fairy is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and I coloured her with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse using a waterbrush with a little shadowing of Distress marker. I love the subtle sparkly of the mousse. The box is an Eileen Hull steel rule die by Sizzix coloured with an embossing folder from Taylored Expressions,  Nuvo Embellishment Mouse, and Prima Art Alchemy. The fairy is on a wobbler so she has dimension and bounce.


Putting It Together



I used the steel rule die to cut the box from matboard then ran it through with an embossing folder.


To give an idea of the size of the box, I dry fit it in the MISTI. It's a cute little box that would fit gift cards or a thin gift like a piece of jewelry in a wrap.


Looking for something to go with the box, I thought about this cute little fairy in flight. I dry fit her, still on her packaging, to see if she would fit.


I stamped the fairy on heavy watercolour paper with Marvelous Mocha.


Using a waterbrush, I used the Nuvo mousse like watercolour. I put a small amount on a bit of plastic packaging to pick up with the brush.


I used all the mousses I currently have (I need more!) and a few Distress markers for some shading.


After fussy cutting the fairy, I decided to make her antennas gold and used a metallic marker on them.


Going back to the box, I used a blender to colour the box with Nuvo mousse.


I then went over the box with Fire Ruby wax from Art Alchemy using my finger.


I then used a clean dry cloth to rub off some of the wax.


I then used a dauber to go over just the tops of the embossing with White Gold.


I dry fit the fairy on the coloured box to make sure the colours would still look good together (it got a bit redder than I intended).


I added the wobbler to the back of the fairy. I used a full sized one for more stability.


Assembling the box is very simple. There are just 2 flaps to add adhesive to. I used double-sided tape.


I then folded it up and made sure the sides got adhered.


The last step was putting the wobbley fairy on the flap. I'll add a little velcro under the flap, as soon as I can find it in my stash *laugh*



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Scrappy: Anything But a Card
Pearly Sparkles: Girly
More Mixed Media: Pastel
Tuesday Throwdown: Colour Combo
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes


1 comment:

  1. Lovely gift box! The fairy image is very charming and the embossing looks so elegant. Great work! Thanks for including PPCC blog in your links! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.