14 October 2019

Purr-fect Love - TTCRD, embossing, shimmer powder


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Sheepski Designs!


My kitty couple enjoying the night together showcases Sheepski Designs Purr-fect Love, Nuvo shimmer powder, Nuvo expanding mousse, and embossed inkjet ink.

Putting It Together

The Purr-fect Love digi from Sheepski designs has a moon, but I wanted a star-filled sky instead. I had just added black watercolour paper to my stash and was eager to try it. 



I have an ink jet printer. One of the advantages of that is the ink is still a bit damp when it comes out. If you're quick like a bunny, you can dump embossing powder on the ink and emboss the digi. I used a Versamark pen to fill in the few line areas that didn't emboss and extended the roofline to either side at the bottom.


I used a palette knife to add Nuvo expanding mousse as the roof tiles. I applied heat to tone down the shiny with only a little expanding but with a bit more texturing. I further dulled the tiles by blending on two Distress inks, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot.


I used a black gel pen to add fur to the kitties and then fussy cut the image, removing the moon.


For the background, I heavily misted a panel of black watercolour paper then added splurts of three Nuvo shimmer powders.


I dry fit the kitties on their roof over the background. To see this many stars, we would need to have a blackout.


I used foam mounting tape to give the roof and kitties separation from the sky as dimension.


I added the scene to a black card base with a thin sliver of matting edge.


Inside, I added a sentiment and stars from Hero Arts. I used two colours of Distress ink, Cracked Pistachio Wilted Violet, to stamp the stars to echo the galaxy colours on the front.




Supplies


Challenges

Crafty Gals Corner: Halloween Colours
Pearly Sparkles: Spooky and/or Cute
Tuesday Throwdown: Colour of Love
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool Rijacki, your background looks amazing, love how you've done the kitties and tile too <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is fantastic! I LOVE your roof tiles and incredible starry sky! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shimmer! Thanks for playing along with us at Pearly Sparkles. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rijacki, omg this is really stunn8ing! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.