31 October 2019

Cake! - stencilling, embossing, ombre


Because it's someone's birthday somewhere, what better reason to have a cake? My quirky birthday cark features Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, stencil, inks, and dots! Yummy!

Putting It Together

The inspiration for this project was a colour palette challenge. I had just gotten a package from Kimmie and was pondering how to use the colours with the items I just got since they were already on my desk. 


The colour palette is quite summery, and one of the items in my package was a mermaid, but I wasn't really wanting to do a mermaid.



SoI got the idea to do an ombre with the new Perfect Plaid stencil using Kimmie inks and the blending tool. I had only a momentary quandary on what to do with the panel when, looking through the Kimmie stamps I have, I spotted the great birthday sentiment set.


I used dies to trim the stencilled panel and create a strip for the sentiment and cake. I embossed the cake with a sparkly pink and then used a blending stick to add some Salty Sea. I added Fruity Dots to finish.


Inside, I used the trim from the front panel as a frame, adding a sentiment and balloons.



Supplies


Challenges

Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday

1 comment:

  1. That background came out fabulous Kate! Sounds like a great excuse to eat cake for sure! Super card! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.