28 October 2019

Poppies - TTCRD, alcohol marker on tissue, collage


This week's sponsor for Through the Craftroom Door is Stamplorations!



California-based STAMPlorations™ is owned and managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. We offer clear stamps, stencils, thin metal dies, and coloring pages for stampers, card makers, scrapbookers, mixed media artists, and all other kinds of crafters. All of our products are proudly made in the USA. Our clear stamps are made from the finest photopolymer resin. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage crafters of all ages and experience levels to "Stamp with all your ART!". New products are added every month.

Prize: $15 gift code 

https://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/
https://www.facebook.com/stamplorations/
https://stamplorationsdigi.dpdcart.com/

For my inspiration piece, I used one of the images from Cupful of Blooms with tissue paper and alcohol ink markers.

Putting It Together 

I wanted to try an idea of no lines colouring on tissue and thought this would be a good time to try it.


I picked up a roll of Tim Holtz tissue from Tuesday Morning. Sadly, it's discontinued, but there are other similar products. I printed the digi on white cardstock.


I used purple tape to tape down the tissue over the printed image.


I used Nuvo alcohol markers to colour the image. I should have gone darker on the leaves.


I removed the tissue and put it on the back of the white card to see how it turned out.


I found a scripted pattern paper in my stash as a background.


I used a silicone brush to cover the patterned paper with glue.


I put the tissue paper over the patterned paper and  added more glue over the tissue to bond them together.


After trimming the papers. I used a  blending tool with Distress ink to 'age' the panel.


 I also used a distressing tool to rough up the edges before adding the darker Distress ink. I also crinkled the panel to give it wrinkles.


I stamped a simple sentiment on the panel and mounted it on a kraft card base.  I left the inside blank for a personal handwritten note.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Wednesday: Fall/Autumn Colours
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. This is a stunning project Rijacki, you put so much work into creating this and the end result is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. Love your technique and the picture tutorial given x

    hugs sally
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.