01 October 2019

Kamsin - Sheepski Designs, alcohol marker, alcohol ink



The start of another month! It's October and the challenge this month on the Sheepski Designs blog is Autumn Colours!

For my inspiration this month, I used Kamsin coloured with Nuvo alcohol ink markers and a touch of Nuvo Jewel Drops for her glasses. I paired her with a sentiment from Unity Stamps, a little stencilling, paper lace, and an alcohol ink background.

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group

Putting It Together

I love the many colours of Autumn. The world just seems to want to explode in technicolour.


I have much fondness for colouring red hair, so I gave into that again when I used Nuvo markers to colour Kamsin. I like the rich colours of the Nuvo markers. They have a bullet and a chisel nib and are quite reasonable, especially on sale and with a discount coupon as a Hedgehog Hollow member :) I now have nearly all the sets. They released one more set after I bought my latest batch. Their support is top-notch, too. There were a dry marker and semi-dry marker in the batch I bought. I contacted support and they had two new sets out to me within a couple days. I was impressed at how quickly they responded.


For the background, I used an alcohol ink panel I made a few days earlier when I just wanted to play with inks and colours and the new pearls I got. I used Ranger alcohol ink surface I had in my stash.


I decided to use some of the paper ribbon I got a few months ago. I used Distress ink and a sponge blending tool to give them a custom colour.


I square trimmed Kamsin on three sides and fussy cut the rest. I decided to have her looking in on a sentiment panel and did a dry fit to see if my ideas would work together. I used the retired Stampin' Up Natural White for the sentiment panel and card base because it has an off-white more organic look.


I stamped the sentiment using Distress Oxide and then when adding Kamsin to the sentiment panel, I smudged the not quite dry ink. To 'fix' it, I stencilled a leaf frond in a lighter colour over the sentiment to look like it was behind.


I cut the alcohol ink panel into strips so I could pick and choose which areas I wanted visible. Nothing is behind the sentiment panel 'cause it would be hidden there. I did one last dry fit to see what else I might want.


I added everything 'flat' to the card base before adding the one gold leaf that's popped up.


Inside, I added a strip of the alcohol ink background.



Supplies


Challenges

Scrapping 4 Fun: Vintage Autumn
Crafty Gals Corner: Autumn Colours
More Mixed Media: Anything Goes/Brown
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes / Something starting with "R" (red hair)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely background and I love the sentiment!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of wonderful autumn colours! How beautiful Rijacki and I love that sentiment
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. On that website page, you'll see your description, why not read through this. גמילה מסמים

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.