15 April 2019

Spring Fae - alcohol marker, stencilling, mixed media


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Sakuems!

Sakuems is a French self-employed illustrator creating fantasy inspired characters around nature and magic. She has been working on her art for more than a decade and is currently running her etsy store with original watercolor pieces, drawings, high quality prints and coloring book along with other merchandizing featuring her characters.

The prize this week is the 3 images the design team is using for the inspiration projects.

For my project, I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers with accents of Spectrum Noir metallic pen and Nuvo Aqua Shimmer on the image. I framed it with a Kaisercraft frame I had decorated with Marabu shimmer spray and Nuvo mica mist using stencils from Dylusions and Teresa Collins.


Putting It Together 


I'm still an absolute novice with alcohol markers and still need practice with them. The way I have them in my new craftroom encourages me to use them because they're now easily accessible. I do need more of them, though.


I decided to use Spectrum Noir markers. I noted the colours I used as I coloured. I also used a Spectrum Noir metallic marker, one of the set I recently got at Tuesday Morning. I added sparkle to her wings with Nuvo Aqua Shimmer.


I fit a frame on the image using a frame I had decorated a few months ago on a crafternoon with a friend.


For the frame, I had used Marabu shimmer spray and one Nuvo mica mist with two stencils. The grid stencils is from a Teresa Collins set and the leaves is a Dylusions stencil. I simply sprayed through the stencils on to the frame.

I trimmed the image to fit the frame (covering the area I wasn't as happy with, too) and then used liquid glue to adhere to the frame. I used the glue only in the area the frame covers to prevent any warping from the glue from showing.


Come join us in the Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craftroom Door!

Challenges

Outlawz Satuday Paper ala Mode: Spring
Fab 'n' Funky: Fantasy
Creative Moments: Spring
Crazy 4 Challenges: Anything But a Card
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a gorgeous creation, Rijacki! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty framed art! Beautiful bright colours. Thank you for playing with us at Crazy4Challenges! We really appreciate yout support and hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful,

    Thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.