01 April 2019

Matryoshka - TTCRD, colored pencil, tri-fold card


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door blog challenge is Kitchen Sink Stamps!

I am Maria Colosimo, the creator, and founder of Kitchen Sink Stamps. My husband Jim and i have been very proud to offer stampers around the world a variety of our original stamp designs, specializing in Multi-Step (layered) stamping in high-quality clear photopolymer, manufactured here in the USA by a leader in the industry, ever since the beginning.
It is very important to us that every one of our customers are happy & successful multi-step stamping with their Kitchen Sink Stamps. This is why we give our customers whatever support they need! We offer our customers free Color Recipes (available for most of our multi-step stamp sets), Multi-Step Tutorials (written & video demos), projects, and samples which all can be found and accessed after registering to our KSS Forum. We also give one on one direct help support through email at kitchensinkstamps@gmail.com. AND... if our customers ever lose a stamp or have a stamp that tears, just email us and we will replace it free of charge.

The prize for the challenge is a $25 gift certificate!

For my card, I used the Nesting Dolls set from Kitchen Sink Stamps in a tri-fold card. I coloured the dolls with Koh-i-Noor with Nuvo drop accents. I added a Jillibean Soup sentiment die and a sentiment from Unity Stamps on the inside with the smallest doll.


Putting It Together

I was a bit out of touch when the design team chose their stamp sets from Kitchen Sink so the set I got was chosen by them and a complete surprise to me. But, how could I not love it? I have always loved the Ukrainian nesting dolls. Getting a stamp set with them is so wonderful! Kitchen Sink is a new company to me so am I jealous of the winner of the $25 gift certificate because I already covet several of their sets.


The set comes with 3 dolls and two eggs along with some borders and other decorations. 



Since there are three dolls in the set, I immediately thought of a tri-fold to 'nest' them. I cut a 5 1/4" strip from a 12" x 12" sheet of Bazzill cardstock. This soft grey was the only sheet I had of the size which was heavy enough for a card base. But it's a nice colour for a framing base. I scored and folded the strip at 4" from each side for three 4" sections.


I cut 3 panels of Strathmore Bristol, two at 5" x 3 3/4" and the third at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2". I like the inside to be a bit smaller.  On each, I stamped one of the dolls with an embellishment. On the two larger panels, I also stamped the borders and another embellishment on the panel for the front.


I used Koh-i-Noor pencils to colour the dolls and added Little B washi tape to the middle panel.


I added the three panels to the card base I made and embellished the front with Nuvo glitter drops and a die cut sentiment from Jillibean Soup. I also stamped an inside sentiment with the smallest doll using a sentiment from Unity Stamp Co.





Come join us in the Through the Craftroom Door challenge!

Challenges

Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Polkadoodles: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling card. Love the whole trifle design. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.