10 April 2019

Congrats - glittering 2 ways, 3D embossing, coloured pencil


Hurrah!! You done did good! Raise a cheer! Congrats! My card features Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and inks, Prismacolor pencil colouring, Cosmic Shimmer holographic glitter and metallic rub, Nuvo mica mists, a Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder, and a Tim Holtz die. Ra-Ra!


Putting It Together

This idea has been bouncing around in my head for a few weeks. I'm glad I finally got it done.



First the idea: I envisioned the cheerleader on the embossed panel that reminds me of fireworks. I decided I wanted to use the Coral Red holographic glitter for the pom-poms.


I had made the background panel for a previous project. I had made two when I got mica mist drips where I didn't want them. To start, I used Cosmic Shimmer rub on plain white cardstock. The colour I used is a pearly white shimmer.


I then misted the panel with red, purple and blue for little bursts of colour in the fireworks.


I then ran the panel through the Big Shot with the Kaleidoscope 3D folder. The Cosmic Shimmer rub bonds with the paper fibres making it slightly leather-like. This makes it take embossing like a boss.


I stamped the image on Bristol with grey ink.


I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the girl's hair and skin keeping track of the colours I used.


I looked in the collection for pencils to match the Coral Red glitter.


And then I went a bit more orange when I added in some additional highlight colours. I still kept track of all the colours I used, and I love how she turned out. I used Uniball Signo on her teeth to make them white with all the red around them.


I fussy cut the cheerleader with a very narrow margin, using a kraft knife to cut out the inner areas so you can see behind her to the fireworks bursts.


I used a glue pen on the pom-poms in long strokes. I let the glue start to dry just a little.


I then dumped on the glitter with the image in a coffee filter to catch the extra glitter. I brushed off the excess and burnished the glitter with my fingers.


I did another dry fit with the background to make sure the colours were going to work. At this point, I decided I wanted to glitter the sentiment.


I die cut the sentiment from heavy black and white and cardstock I had run through the Xyron to cover it with an adhesive sheet.


I removed the release sheet from the sentiment then dumped glitter on it, burnishing it in with my fingers.


Another dry fit to figure out what else I needed. Hmm... matting.


But first, clean up. Even with catching most of the glitter in a coffee filter, it still gets all over. I use a lint roller from the dollar store to pick it up off my Ken Oliver mat.


I dry fit with the mat after trimming the corners of the firework panel with a rounder punch.


Because I don't need to have the underside of the background panel get matted and might want to use the orange foiled cardstock later, I used a die to take out the middle. It didn't matter that the die decided to move as I was running it through the Big Shot. I adhered the foiled mat to a white card base.


Since the embossed panel is bumpy, I used 2-sided tape to adhere it to the card. I cut strips of the release paper and place them perpendicular to give me a little positioning time.


When the panel is in place, I press down and remove the strips.


I used foam mounting tape on the back of the cheerleader to give her a bit of dimension.


Using glue pen, I stacked the sentiment with the black and white cardstock and then added the stack to the panel. The stack gives the sentiment some dimension, too. The sparkle of the holo glitter and the shimmer in the background is amazing in person.


I kept the inside pretty plain. I added a strip of the foiled cardstock and a sentiment.




Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Celebrate
Sparkle N Sprinkle: Loose Glitter
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: No Designer Paper
Creative Craft Cottage: No Patterned Paper
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Craft: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the coloring of your little cheerleader! Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.