17 September 2017

Now Starring Gretchen! - Spectrum Noir and Copic with Graphic 45


Woohoo! It's finally here!!
Today we are celebrating the spooky release of ALL of our NEW September Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!

ALL FOUR new sets are NOW available in the Krafty Shop!
So let's have a big happy hop around the design team blogs and check them all out in action! Grab a nice hot beverage, sit back and relax while you hop around and enjoy all the amazing creations!!
First up is GRIM GRETCHEN... ....then DEVILISH DEBORAH.... and ELECTRIC EVELYN! Lastly we showed you the fabulous MINI MONSTERS yesterday!!! Eeeeee!
ALL the new sets are available now individually BUT if you HAVE to have it ALL, we also have our September Gimme Kimmies Kit which includes all FOUR of the new sets together and at a discount! But only for a limited time and while supplies last!


Happy hoppin' and happy shoppin!!


For my card today, featuring the lovely Grim Gretchen, I envision her as a movie actress in old Hollywood dressed for an silent monster picture.

Hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog to check out all the other creations with the new release: http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/


Putting It Together

I recently bought several sets of Spectrum Noir's new Illustrator markers while Micheals had a 50% coupon. I used them and the few Copic markers I have to colour Gretchen for this project.


Because I wanted to use alcohol markers on this project, I stamped the image on Xpress-It with Memento.


I coloured up Gretchen using Spectrum Noir and Copic markers, adding Gelly Roll and a retired Stampin' Up marker to the scythe.

Spectrum NoirSpectrum Noir IllustratorCopic
MN1Ivory (FS9)T3
MN2Yellow Brown (GB6)T7
MN3Natural Brown (EB2)110
GY3Dark Brown (EB7)C1
GY4Burgandy (DR7)BV29
Ruby (DR4)
Red (DR1)
Jade Green (JG4)
Holly (JG7)
Moonlight (GY1)
Gold (GY3)
Blender


Because the Xpress-It is not very heavy and I wanted to fussy cut the image and have her stand stiff, I backed her with some scrap thick cardstock (some that I had a boo-boo stamping on).


I fussy cut Gretchen without a margin.


I put black foam tape on the back of Gretchen to pop her up. I had to cut lots of thin pieces for the various detail areas.


I pairedGretchen with the lovely Vintage Hollywood Graphic 45 paper adding a thin red mercury glass matting.


I added some flowers I got from a garage sale a local scrapbooking store hosted and embellished them with red rhinestones.


Inside, I added a strip from the Vintage Hollywood collection and a sentiment from the Dragon Queen. As a bonus to the September release, the Krafty Vault was opened and Dragon Queen was brought out as a re-release!



Supplies



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Anything Goes

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.