30 September 2017

Deck the Halls - Stampin' Up die cuts and stamps with embossing


Happy Yule! Let's deck the halls and have a wonderful winter holiday!

This card features the stamp and die bundle, Carols of Christmas, in the current Stampin' Up holiday catalogue as well as current cardstock colours, die cutting, and embossing.


Putting It Together

To encourage us to use the lovely products we've been buying through her, my Stampin' Up demonstrator, Liane, has been giving us challenge each month using some of the current colours. For September, the challenge was Powder Pink, Fresh Fig, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight. We don't have to use those exact products (especially if we don't have them), but I have been making that my goal. I also try to use only Stampin' Up (or Stampin' Up available items) for all but the adhesives and tools. Thus, I do use my Stampin' Up at least once a month *laugh*


I decided I wanted to do a colour backed die cut. I thought I had taken a picture of my first dry fit and the stack of 3 colour card stock, but.. this is the first one I took. I used the two corner dies twice to make a frame for the sentiment. The top paper is the gorgeous dusty purple, Fresh Fig.


The dusty rose, Sweet Sugarplum, is the bottom of the stack so I decided to use it to make light pink embossed flowers. The light pink embossing is very similar in colour to the Powder Pink.


I used the corner die to cut them out.


The holes are covered by the green, Old Olive.


I dry fit the flowers over the cut outs and the sentiment stamp.


I embossed the sentiment in yellow. The retired Curry embossing powder is very similar to Daffodil Delight. I was hesitant to use the yellow for the sentiment, but I am pleased with how it turned out.


 I used release paper while adding tape runner to my die cut panel.


The three cardstocks adhered together.


I used foam mounting tape to pop-up the flowers. Looking at it in the pictures, I could have used the flowers cut from the Fresh Fig layered under the pinks. Hmmm.. next time.


Inside, I stamped ornaments from the set in Daffodil Delight. For the cardbase, I used Natural Vanilla, a retired Stampin' Up cardstock that I love.




Supplies


Challenges

Stamp Chatter: Powder Pink, Fresh Fig, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight
Incy Wincy Designs: Unconventional Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas extra: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card thank you for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
    Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! An unusual color combo for Christmas, but it totally works! And the cut outs behind the flowers are really fabulous!! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.