01 July 2020

Winter Deer - Sheepski Designs, digital cutter, paper piecing



Aurora Borealis lighting a snowy scene with deer and trees, my card features the Sheepski Designs image, Winter Deer, cut with a Cricut Maker and a colourful sky with Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze polish. This is my inspiration piece for July's Sheepski Designs blog challenge. The theme this month is Christmas! 



Putting It Together

I'm still recovering from breaking my shoulder so still taking it easy on my crafting. But, I've had something like this on my mind since I first got my Cricut Maker.


Cosmic Shimmer recently release the Opal Blaze Polishes. I fell in love with them when I saw them and had to have them all. They look stunning on black or dark cardstock with an amazing duo-colour shimmer. In the pot, it looks almost white then comes to life with the dark background. I used four of the colours with a blender stick to pick up the colours in the Northern Lights. Seeing them in person is high on my bucket list. Every time they're south enough to see where I live, it's cloudy and rainy.


I used the Cricut Maker to cut the PNG from light grey thin cardstock using the medium cardstock setting. 


For the snow, I removed the trees and deer and discarded the top.


I used white Liquid Pearls with a blending sponge for a little visual texture for the snow. 


I cut the image again with light black cardstock just slightly larger than the cut on grey.


This time I carefully weeded the background to have the trees and deer. 


I did a dry fit to make sure they would all fit the way I wanted. 


I used liquid glue on the snow piece and the deer and trees, adding them to the panel with the sky. 


I trimmed and chomped the corners before adding it to a black cardbase. Inside I added a white panel for a personal sentiment. The shimmer and colour of the sky is hard to capture in the pictures but is amazing in person. 



Supplies



1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty amazing on these photos without seeing it in real life! What an awesome creation Rijacki!
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.