25 June 2020

Elephant High - watercolour marker, masking, stencilling



Up, up, and away with a birthday wish in the clouds. My skinny card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, stencils, and ink, Nuvo Aqua Flow colouring, and Stickles Glitter Gel. 

Putting It Together

I love stencilling.I also love water-medium colouring. This elephant and hot air balloon stamp set is incredibly adorable. I'm still working on getting full movement with my shoulder, but every day is better with the help of physiotherapy. 


For my cloudy background, I started with a "scrap" strip of heavy cardstock (leftover from making a square cardbase). I used the first scenery stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie with Mermaid Melody and a blending sponge. My stencil is well-loved :-)


I used the Summer Sunbeams stencil with Nebula Stickles glitter gel for semi-translucent beams. Stickles gel takes a long time to dry, so I had to set it aside for a while.


One of the stamps in the set features a little birdy sitting on a raised elephant trunk. I decided to do a 2-colour stmaping and used a bit of washi tape to mask areas of the stamp so I could easily control where the ink colours went. 


I used Yummy Yellow to samp the birdies, Granite Grey for the elephants, and Sandy Shores for the balloon and basket. I stamped on Bee watercolour paper. Kraftin' Kimmie inks are hybrid and perfect for watercolouring or alcohol ink or pencils. 


I used Nuvo Aqua Flow markers with Nuvo glitter marker and accents of Gelly Roll. I then fussy cut the images.


For the sentiment banner, I used stamped with Ruby Red then embossed it with clear. I used a glitter marker on the edges. 


I did a dry fit holding the balloon over the still drying Stickles gel. 


I made a skinny cardbase 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (half of an 8 1/2" x11" sheet - the same as an A2 card) and folded it longwise. I trimmed the background panel to fit then added the elements popping up the birds, balloon, and banner with foam mounting tape. I added a yellow enamel dot for the sun. 


Inside, I added the elephant and bird along with three sentiments on strips. 


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Use A Stencil
Outlawz Festive Friday: Child's Birthday
Watercooler Wednesday: All About Occasions
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous background and a darling card! We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.