01 June 2020

Red Strappy Sandal - Sheepski Designs, foil on vellum



Can't wait for the warmer weather of summer, sandals and skirts. The Sheepski Designs blog challenge for June is "favourite colour" so I took the chance to imagine a lovely strappy sandal is shiny red foil. 


Putting It Together

This wasn't the project I was originally thinking of making nor even my back up idea since the shoulder I broke in March is still learning how to move again with physical therapy and is limiting what I can do crafting-wise. I didn't really want to just do colouring, which is stressful on the shoulder, and wanted to use my Cricut Maker. I love the look of the foil on vellum so I am glad my other ideas were too difficult to do easily with my shoulder right now.


I used Inkscape (free) to convert the jpg image of the sandal into a svg with a transparent background. I then up the vellum on the Cricut mat and covered it with a sheet of heat transfer foil, anchoring the foil with washi tape. I then ran it through my Cricut Maker on draw with a Foil Quill. The hot tip of the Foil Quill draws on the foil adhering it to the surface. 


The Foil Quill works wonderfully on vellum. The heat transfer foil I used this time is from Crafter's Companion designed for use with their FoilPress and Gemini. 


I trimmed the vellum and decided to pair it with patterned paper and cover the vellum edges with a pico lace. 


I was originally going to have the lace extend over the edges of the background panel so glued it to the vellum with long leads. 


I decided to trim the lace to the corners of the vellum. I added everything to a black card base which is also a thin black matting. For now, I left the inside blank. 



Join us in the Sheepski Designs blog challenge. The June challenge is "Favourite Colour".

Supplies


1 comment:

  1. So wonderfully creative Rijacki, a beautify girly card
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.