01 May 2020

Little Red n Wilf - Sheepki Designs, coloured pencil, gel plate, stencil


May's challenge for the Sheepki Designs blog is For The Girlz! My inspiration this month features Little Red and Wilf coloured with Prismacolor pencils on kraft MiTientes.

Putting It Together

I am still recovering from a broken arm, so my crafty space and supplies are not normal. Sorry for the not so great and few pictures. Taking pictures with a cell phone is 2-handed so was a bit painful/awkward. 


My limited colouring right now is on my computer desk with a t-rex arm since the immobilizer sling holds my right hand close to my waist (the break is close to the shoulder, right below the curve). I can type left-handed pretty good but discovered earlier that left-hand colouring is frustratingly non-precise and without enough pressure. Pencils are easier for me. I haven't even tried markers yet. Only a few more weeks to heal, I hope.

I used this image since I had it already printed in my small cache of images waiting for colouring. I still haven't figured out how to explain prepping for printing to my sweetie since it needs trimming paper and resizing pictures as well as dealing with my particular printer that can be finicky at times.

My computer desk is glass with "Love" written in a variety of languages. I got it over a decade ago from Ikea and simply love it.


For the background, I used a gel plate with hybrid inks and then a blender with the dark ink and stencil. These I could do left-handed. I have a limited number of supplies in my living room to play with when I need a creative fix while my arm is broken. I've been making a few abstract backgrounds.


I trimmed with left-handed scissoring. I never thought about it before, but my guillotine cutter is not only right-handed, it also takes 2 hands to hold and slice. I have a lot more sympathy for my lefty crafty friend as I have my right-hand privilege confounded. I used a pre-made card base, using the blender with the brown and caramel inks. I didn't add a sentiment.


Supplies


Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes


1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Rijacki! I can't believe you managed this with a broken arm, so well done <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.