12 June 2020

Fisher - stencilling, coloured pencil, masking



Walkin' on sunshine, heading for a lovely day fishing, this lad is from a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp set released last month. I used a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil with Kraftin' Kimmie inks to make his sunny background and coloured him and his pal with PrismaColor pencils with the fishy background from Hackney & Co.

Putting It Together

This cute guy and stencil was part of the Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Klub for May. I actually started this a month ago, but with my shoulder still getting back to normal, I set it aside, frustrated by my non-normal shoulder movement. My shoulder has been playing havoc with my mojo and motivation. It's getting better every day, kind of, but then is just not normal. 


I stamped the fisher boy with Party Peach on Colored Pencil paper and covered him with a mask.


I used a Clarity brush to add the yellow and oranges, shifting the stencil each time to expose more for the rays. I then went over the whole with the yellow to finish.


After taking off the mask, I coloured with PrismaColor pencils. 


I used a die from ... to trim the image and a dark blue matting. I chose a fishy paper from the Hackney & Co Riverbank pad for a background and put everything on a kraft square cardbase using a strip of off-white for the sentiment. I left the inside blank.



Supplies



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie June Jamboree: #2 Guy Themed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.