12 June 2020

Turtle Kisses - watercolour marker, ATC



What's more summery than a juicy piece of red delicious watermelon? How about a piece being eaten by a little turtle? This image of awesome cuteness is part of a new stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, part of the June release that's available starting today! I coloured the turtle with Nuvo AquaFlow markers with accents of Nuvo drops. 

Putting It Together

June's Krafty Kit came with some extra goodies including a 6x6" piece of watermelon paper. With that paper on my mind, while I was swatching the new set Aqua Flow markers I got, Summer Holiday, I decided to use the watermelon turtle for an ATC.


I stamped the image on a scrap of Arches watercolour paper with Wicked Black. 


I used one of the new markers I got, Apple Red, along with a few others. I love the vibrancy of the Aqua Flow markers. 


I added touches of Ebony Black Crystal drops for the watermelon seeds and Key Lime Jewel drops to his shell. I love the transparency of the Jewel Drops with just a hint of colour. It mixed well with the browns and greens on his shell. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap that had gotten a mist of overspray from a different project which gives the strip a hit of confetti. One of the new enamel dots from the Krafty Kit and the cuteness is done. 


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie June Jamboree: #8 Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.