04 July 2020

Rejoice - alcohol marker, ATC



My Artist Trading Card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set with alcohol marker colouring (Copic and Nuvo) and a die from Stampin' Up. 

Putting It Together

I woke up this morning with this little idea in my head. I like the challenge of the ATC form factor, condensing and idea into a small space. Artist Trading Cards are a fabulous way to showcase a snippet of creativity.


As I was waking up, I thought of the Stampin' Up die set I just had to have and then didn't use for months! Then an idea with the lovely stamp set by Becky Pearce for Kraftin' Kimmie popped into my head. 


I stamped the image with Wicked Black hyrid ink on a scrap of Neenah cardstock. I know it's Neenah 'cause I wrote a note to myself on a corner of the scrap. I used mostly Copics with the addition of a few Nuvo makers for colours I don't have in Copic. I added metallic Gelly Roll to the star on her outfit and glittery golden Aqua Shimmer to the baby's swaddling. In my mind, these are a couple of tow-herd young kids in costume for a creche with a dolly for their winter panto. 

Copics: C1, C5, C7, Y11, Y15, Y26, Y38, E000, E00, E11, E15, E18, E27, E29, E31, E33
Nuvo: 425, 427, 428, 439


I fussy cut the image and then used liquid glue to add the elements to the ATC blank. At a later date, I might add this to a card or I might just keep it as is, a small showcase of my creativity. 

          

Supplies                


Challenges

Krafting Kimmie Christmas: Stars
Outlawz Sunday Song and Rhymes: Christmas in July

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.