04 July 2020

Rainbow Fairy - alcohol marker, coloured pencil, stencilling, opal blaze


The magic of a rainbow and fairy to wish you a happy birthday, my card features Kraftin' Kimmie stamp sets, stencil, and ink with Copic colouring, coloured pencil colouring, and Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze.

Putting It Together

There are times I see a new product and have a magpie reaction. Oooooo I need that. I need all of that. The Opal Blaze rubs from Cosmic Shimmer was one of those. And then I want to experiment with it on all sorts of stuff. It does look best on a dark surface, but it's magical on other colours, too.


I used a Fantastix with the Opal Blaze colours through the Radiant Rainbow stencil on to a panel of Tempting Turquoise.


I used all seven of the colours that have been released. The small pots pack quite a punch of colour. In the pot they look nearly white but change colours on a dark surface and with the shifting of light. 


For a comparison, my rainbow and the same colours on black cardstock. Sometimes it's hard to get the light to hit it just right in the picture. It's magical, really. 


I did dry layout with stamps from two sets, Fairy Folk and Party Time. 


I stamped the images with Wicked Black on to Sweet Sentiment paper and coloured them with Copic markers. 

E000, E00, E11, E15, C1, C5, C10, BV000, BV31, BV34, 
RV000, RV32, RV34, G09, G21, G28, Y00, YR61, YR68


I stamped the sentiment with Wicked black and popped up the fairy and butterfly with foam mounting tape. I added Liquid Pearls to the fairy for her necklace. 


Inside, I added a sentiment from Fairy Folk and added another fairy, butterfly, and mushroom, colouring them with Prismacolor pencils. 

Moving the light and card around, you can see the magic of the opal blaze in the rainbow.





Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps JJ #1: Celebration
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Child's Birthday
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine

2 comments:

  1. I love the shimmer! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love all that shimmer! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.