23 July 2020

Mer-mazing - watercolour marker, embossing, opal blaze



Hello from a mermaid and her pals coming by to tell you that " You are mer-mazing!" My card features a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set with Arteza colouring, and embossed background with Stampin' Up embossing folder and Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze and Opal polishes. 

Putting It Together

I am loving the Opal Blaze polishes. They're magic in a little bottle. 


I stamped with Salty Sea hybrid ink on Canson Heritage hot press watercolour paper, and then used Arteza watercolour markers to colour the images. 


I added Stickles to the starfish and mermaid tail with touches of Po9sca paint pen to the eyes. 


For the background, I embossed a panel of Tempting Turquoise with Seabed. Then I used Fantastix to add opal blaze and opal polish to highlight and add magical colour to the seabed flora and fauna. 


Have I mentioned how much I love these Cosmic Shimmer opal blaze and opal polishes? The light catches them and shimmery magic. 


I fussy cut the images and dry fit them on the background to decide what else I needed. I slept on it to let an idea percolate. 


I die cut a frame and 'hello' sentiment from holographic foiled cardstock for just a bit more shimmery wateriness. I used a glue pen to adhere the sentiment and foam mounting tape to pop up the images.


Inside the Tempting Turquoise card base, I added a sentiment and images from the stamp set. 



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.