03 July 2020

Poolside - watercolour marker, stencilling, shaped card



Chillin' in a pool with ice cream sounds absolutely divine right now. My summertime card features a stamp set, stencils, and ink from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps along with Arteza watercolour markers, Cosmic Shimmer opal blaze for a gorgeous shimmer, and Nuvo jewel drops. 

Putting It Together

Cosmic Shimmer recently released the Opal Blaze rubs and I had to get all seven. They're gorgeous and I want to use them on everything!


I stamped the image on Arches watercolour paper with Party Peach to do a "no lines" colouring using Arteza watercolour markers. My crafty friend, Betty, gave me the markers and they're lovely. 


I used a Fantastix to add some opal blaze to the glasses for a bit of glisten. The opal blaze looks white, but comes alive with a colour. I used Pink Blueberry on the glasses for a shimmer of pink and blue. 


I added Nuvo jewel drops to the float, her glasses, and the ice creams scoops. Jewel drops are tinted but dry translucent.


For the pool water, I used the Nautical Netting stencil with Teal Raspberry opal polish on Tempting Turquoise cardstock for an amazing shimmer water.


For the shaped card, I used a Spellbinders die to cut the card base with the fold line below the cutting edge. 


I used the same die to cut the pool and did a dry fit with the image (as the drops were still drying). 


I fussy cut the image with a tiny margin and popped her up on the pool with foam mounting tape. The shimmer in the water changes colours when turned in the light. 


Inside, I added a sun from the Scenery 3 stencil with Summer Sunshine and Party Peach and added Sunset Orange opal blaze for a touch of shine. I used Party Peach for the sentiment. 



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: No Lines technique
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card Kate. Love the texture on the water and your fabulous colouring of your sunbathing girl. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.