17 July 2020

Creatively - stenciling, pigment powder



"Any day spent creatively is a good day!" Letting the kraftiness wash over me and wipe away stress. My card features stamps, stencil, and ink from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps with Ken Oliver Color Bursts. 

Putting It Together

I think I needed to make this card as an affirmation to myself. As my shoulder recovers from being broken last March, it has been difficult to motivate myself to get into my craftroom due to frustration of the limited movement. But, recently I was gifted some wonderful items as part of a Stamp It Forward gift. One of the items was Sap Green Color Burst. A while back, I got a Violet Color Burst at a destash sale. I let those two colours motivate my creativity. 


I used water with a tiny amount of the violet Color Burts to wet the Bee cotton watercolour paper through the stencil. 


I tapped out the sap green and violet Color Bursts on the damp image. I had to rush a bit to get the pigment on the paper before the water dried. 


After drying it with a heat tool, I brushed away any stray dry pigment. 


I trimmed the panel and ran a glitter marker along the edge to finish it. 


I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Dina Wakely paper with Stormy Sky and fussy cut it to add to the panel with liquid adhesive (the Dina Wakely paper doesn't work with tape runner). I then added the panel to a turquoise cardbase. 


Inside, I stamped the image from the set and another sentiment. I added a pop of red to the ribbon with coloured pencil. 



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Loving that sparkly butterfly effect, very cool stencil background :)
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.