14 June 2019

Only have Eyes For You - shaker, googly eyes


Shaka-shaka-wiggle-wiggle.  My card features stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie, a shaker dome and die from My Favorite Things, paper from Forever in Time, and wiggly googly eyes. I only have eyes for you.

Putting It Together

A few days ago when I posted my rainbow snowflake shaker, a friend of mine said she thought the shaker bits looked like eyes to her on first glance. So, this card is inspired by her. I love googly eyes. I even made a resin coaster with them a couple years ago.


This oh so cute paper is from Forever in Time, a Canadian company. They have a lot of wonderful papers and other products. I decided to use the hexagon shaker dome and die because it's one of the two low profile shaker domes in my stash, both from My Favourite Things, and I didn't want the eyes to flip around in a higher shaker. The other dome I have is a full A2 card front size which would have been too big. I wanted the shaker to pop-up so a dome is easier than making my own.


For the inside, I stamped glasses in several colours on the bottom including the new Salty Sea from the June Krafy kit that will be released for sale on Saturday.


I stamped the sentiment on a strip of cardstock with Salty Sea and added it diagonally to the paper panel. I added the panel to a black cardbase and piled up a bunch of googly eyes. I made sure they were all facing upright.


I reduced the number of eyes in the shaker to give them more freedom of movement before capturing them under the dome. I added a black frame to the dome and a few more googly eyes to the sentiment strip 'cause you can't have too many eyes.


When I use a black cardbase, I always put in a white or light coloured panel on the inside so it's easy to add a personal sentiment. I added the sentiment in Salty Ocean.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Inky Challenges: #1 Coloured Stamping
Outlawz Crash Your Stash: Googly Eyes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: No Rulz

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTSC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - love the shaker part of the card!

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.