21 June 2019

Dogwood - die cutting, flower shaping


We recently found out our former neighbour has cancer. I made this card for her for us and our other neighbours to send to her. Our little street is dotted with dogwood trees, so I wanted to have them prominent on the card for her. The sentiment is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, the dogwood die is Spellbinders.

Putting It Together

I got the dogwood die set after we moved here because of the dogwoods here. 


I used a plain 65lb cardstock and covered it with Nuvo mousse Toasted Almond to have a slightly shimmery pale paper for the flowers. I used Citrus mousse for the leaves. for the flowers, I added an accent of Cosmic Shimmer Graphite.


I shaped the leaves using a clay tool and a beading mat.


I put together four flowers and began working out a layout.


I decided to use an Ultimate Crafts die as a frame and a 6" 6" square card to have room for all of us to add little personal sentiments.


I used a textured paper for the background and gold foiled cardstock for the frame. I stamped the sentiment in black on a pearl cardstock panel I had die cut and trimmed. I wanted to keep the card simple and dignified.


Inside, I added a soft ribbon and inside sentiment from Unity Stamps.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Creative With Stamps: Get Well
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps this month. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to remind your neighbour of happier times.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Ctrative With Stamps this month.
    Crafy hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the delicacy and texture of your die cut flowers. Hope your beautiful card will bring strength to your neighbor.
    You're more than welcomed to visit my blog to see my take in Creative with Stamps Challenge. http://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.com/2019/06/get-well-soon-stenciling-with-perfect.html
    Thanks. Helen Liu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.