19 July 2019

HB2U - alcohol marker


My card today celebrates the birthday of a music-loving teen featuring a stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps with Spectrum Noir colouring and a Tutti Designs die.


Putting It Together

I no longer know many or really any teenage boys, but I do have several young co-workers who are still in college and I like people watching when I am out and about. 



I used Spectrum Noir markers on Simon Says Stamp cardstock to colour the teen. I seem to gravitate to ginger for hair colour when I am colouring, not sure why.  I wanted his shoes to be orange 'cause I like the bright sneakers I've seen. I didn't really think about how close it was to his hair colour.


I fussy cut the image then dry-fit him with the musical die and sentiment to get a feel for placement.


I used a linen-look cardstock for the background for a little texture, die-cut the music from black glitter cardstock for a subtle sparkle (not too sparkly for a boy), and slightly sparkly black embossing powder for the sentiment. I adhered everything flat to a white cardbase to make this card easy to mail.


Inside, I added the music stave again cut from plain black lightweight cardstock and a black ink sentiment with lots of white space for a personal greeting.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Dies R Us: Birthday
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Birthday

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card for any young guy who loves his music! I'm so glad you joined our "Birthday" challenge at Dies R Us so we could all enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a boy! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges-Masculine Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Any music loving male would love this too! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great when you can find good stamps like this for masculine cards - and I love how you coloured him! Fun design with the die cut music and sentiment, too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.