22 July 2019

Special - TTCRD, tag, coloured pencil


This week, our sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is very familiar to me, Sheepski Designs!


Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant, currently working on 2 design teams and an obsessive crafter and creator of cards. I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky. I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours.

I love anything arty. I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember. In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings. I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers.
I had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I could gel with. January 2016 a challenge team I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so I drew some. I opened my shop a month later so I could sponsor challenges and give something back to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey.

I've a Facebook group SheepSki Designs where I hold challenges, some for fun to win digis as well as my monthly card challenge. I've a SheepSki Designs challenge blog as well. Things are growing slowly (thankfully) so I still manage to spend at least a little time with my hubby 
Welcome to my world


My project features Forget-Me-Knot on a bookmark tag with Tombow pencil colouring and Distress Oxides on glossy paper peeking out from an Elizabeth Craft Designs tag die with a Unity Stamps sentiment.


Putting It Together

When making a bookmark, I like to keep it as flat as possible so it will fit easily between the pages of a book. 



I printed the digi on Bristol paper because it's heavy enough to stand on its own as a tag. I used an Elizabeth Craft Designs tag die, Tags and More 2, and my paper trimmer to trim. For pencil colouring, I use a small slanted embossing lightbox without the light. This elevates the project and gives me an even rigid base with a shallow slant good for ergonomics. I use a strip of Sizzix sticky grid to hold the project as I work.


I used a set of Tombow coloured pencils I recently acquired to colour the flowers. I really like these pencils. Sadly, the biggest set is only 36. The colour name on the pencils is in Japanese with a translation on the inside of the metal tin.


I'm glad I keep my scraps. I had made this Distress Oxide smushing on glossy paper several months ago and used it for die cuts on a different project. The colours remind me of a sunrise or sunset so I thought it would be perfect for the openings on the tag. The orange and red is also a great contrast to the blue. I did a dry fit with the panel and a sentiment from a Unity set.


I trimmed the glossy paper with the outside die of the tag set and paper trimmer. I added the sentiment with black ink and a blue ribbon to finish.


Join us at the Through the Craftroom Door challenge. The challenge is always Anything Goes. This week, our sponsor, Sheepski Designs will give 3 images to one lucky winner.

Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Not a Card
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Awesome colouring Rijacki, you were right about the orange / red panel setting off the image WOW!

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the vibrant colours you added in the background.
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.