23 July 2019

Bathing Beauty - coloured pencil, gift box


Splish, splash I was takin' a bath... soak all your troubles and cares away. My bathy gift box features a retired Kraftin' Kimmie set with Prismacolour pencil colouring and Sizzix die and embossing folder.


Putting It Together

Mmmmm... soaking in a tub full of lightly scented soft water melting away the stress.



I stamped the image with Party Peach and used Prismacolour pencils to colour in a "no lines" technique. If you want to see more of my colouring process, check out my other post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/07/bathing-beauty-colouring.html.


After loosely fussy cutting the image, I used Nuvo Dream Drops on the bubbles in the bath for iridescent dimension.


To match the bath in the image, I wanted to get some bubble bath packets for the gift part of this project, but couldn't find any in the limited places I had available to me to get the project done. Instead I found a fizzy bath bomb and milk bath packet.


I used the box die and embossing folder from the Big Shot Plus starter package to make the box sans lid. I cut the box from heavy white cardstock before embossing with the dots. I then brushed on Blubbly Blue for a subtle bubbly blueness (a bit too subtle for the camera to pick up).


I added a cardstock tab for the image to stick up above the box with its back braced by the milk bath packet then added a ribbon, sheer with blue and white bubbly dots (how cute is that!) and a sentiment on a die-cut panel with blue enamel droplets. I used double-sided tape on the ribbon and sentiment to hold them together but still let the ribbon slip off the box so the bath bomb can actually be used.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Skrappy Challenge: Anything But a Card
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Not a Card
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
More Mixed Media: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.