21 July 2019

Adventure - coloured pencil, embossing, easel card


My travel-inspired card features a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set and inks with Prismacolour pencil colouring, Spellbinders dies, and Stampin' up embossing folder.


Putting It Together

I did quite a bit of travel when I was younger. I miss it. I loved the adventure and exploration.



I stamped the image with Party Peach and used Prismacolour pencils to colour up the traveller. On a whim, I gave her flowered pants.


I did a dry layout with some Spellbinders dies.


After die-cutting and embossing the globe with colour-core cardstock, I used a nail buffer to sand the raised area to make it stand out more.


I used a retired Stampin' Up folder to emboss a light blue panel and then did another dry fit with the die-cut pieces.  I used a lot of blue to both have the colourful girl stand out more and in homage to the challenge for Ravenclaw at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


I decided to make this as an easel card so scored and folded at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".


 For the inside, I die-cut and stacked clouds for the easel stoppers. I added Bubbly Blue the edges of the clouds to make them stand out and have a hint of sky.


I added a clear enamel dot to the camera and a dark blue mat. I used foam mounting tape to pop-up the girl and the globe with the plane.


Inside, only the front is decorated, the area that's visible when the easel is up. I stamped two sentiments with Sparkling Sapphire along with the clouds.




Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Hogwarts Ravenclaw - Creative
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Make Your Own Background
Pearly Sparkles: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. Fun easel card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for "Anything Goes" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous project with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's July "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.