12 July 2019

Wreath - embossing 2-ways, paper piecing


A Christmas wreath for a July afternoon, my card features Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, paper piecing, and embossing.


Putting It Together

Christmas is coming...



To get variegation of colour in the pine wreath, I stamped with both Enchanted Emerald and Mossy Meadow, tapping the ink pads in random locations.


After embossing the wreath with clear and fussy cutting it, I decided it needed a bit more colour so I added some additional Mossy Meadow with a waterbrush.


On kraft, I stamped with Marvelous Mocha, embossed with clear, then fussy cut the pine cones.


I used dabs of repositionable adhesive on the pine cones to position them on the wreath so they wouldn't get lost and I could easily know where to place them later.


Using Marvelous Mocha, I stamped the bow area on a scrap of red velvet suede paper and then fussy cut the bow.


I did a dry fit with an embossing folder to see if it would fit.


I embossed pearled cardstock and added it to a white cardbase. I used foam mounting tape to adhere the wreath with dimension. I used little snips of the foam tape to attach each pine cone to add more dimension. I used liquid glue for the top of the bow and foam tape for the bottom. I used the wreath to frame the centre words from the embossing folder.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment with Ruby Red and added light stencilling to the bottom with Mossy Meadow. A completely white interior looks so plain to me.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Christmas in July
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Christmas in July
Watercooler Wednesday: Occasions
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful embossed background. Your wreath certainly pops on top of it. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Dawn~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic card, with so many great techniques covered! Beautiful wreath and so pretty with the dimension you've given it. I love your embossed background and positioning of your wreath. I also love your light stencilling inside the card. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful creation with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! Love all the great techniques that you have shared. Thank you for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.