12 May 2019

Yellow Balloons - background stamp, die cutting


A country birthday party can be filled with a lot of good old fashioned fun. My card features Impression Obsession dies and background stamp in a blue and yellow birthday celebration.


Putting It Together

Sometimes I get an immediate idea when I see a junction of a couple challenges. Impression Obsessions new challenge of Blue and Yellow intersected with Birthday and blossomed into this creation. 



I used an ink from a My Monthly Hero to stamp the gingham background on 65lb cardstock. I had the light panel on top of a 110 lb panel because I was intending to stamp the 110lb for my project and to use the 65lb as just a test stamp but I liked it so much I wanted to use it. I used the We R Memory Keeper Precision Press I got a few weeks ago at Tuesday Morning. I thought it would be perfect for the big background rubber stamps. I was not wrong.


I loved the blue so much I decided to use another MMH ink to stamp yellow. But, this time I didn't have the heavier cardstock under the light one and the stamping was a lot more patchy. I had enough, though, for the dies.


I die cut "happy birthday" and 5 balloons from the yellow gingham. The variations in the stamping give them a little bit of a distressed look which is just perfect. I did a dry fit of a potential layout to see how the colours worked together. I used a stitched die on the background to match the stitching on the balloons and amp up the country feel.


I also cut heavy cardstock of the sentiment and balloons to stack for a small dimension and stability.


After stacking the balloons with the heavier cardstock, I tied on baker's twine to each balloon.


I  did another dry fit with a different layout and liked it muchly.


When adding it all to a white cardbase, I tightened up the balloon strings and fixed them on the underside. I used foam squares under the balloons to give them dimension. I adhered the beginnings and ends of the sentiment to either side of the strings, leaving the strings free. I then added an enamel dot to the "i'. I left the inside blank 'cause I couldn't think of something to add to it.



Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Yellow and Blue
Watercooler Wednesday: Occasions
Seize the Birthday: Balloons
Crafters' Cafe: Make Your Own Background and/or Use Die Cuts
Creative Craft Cottage: Use Ink

4 comments:

  1. Your gingham stamp makes an fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun use of checks and yellow balloons. Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! Thanks for playing in our Inks challenge this month at Creative Craft Cottage. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Rijacki! Love the gingham. Thanks for playing in our IO challenge. Hope to see you back again really soon. Hugs, Lynda Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.