While everyone else is out 'enjoying' the Summer heat, I'm like this bunny, huggin' my fan like it's my best friend in all the world. My card features a House Mouse & Friends stamp coloured with Distress maker, die cuts and glitter from Elizabeth Craft Designs, papers from Photo Play and Echo Park, and a bit of masking.
Putting It Together
I decided to contrast the bunny staying cool with bright yellows and oranges. I actually was thinking I might keep the supply list low, but.. umm.. yeah.
I didn't want to have the air stream in the same ink as the rest of the image, so I did a little masking. I first stamped the area of the stamp with the air on a full adhesive Post-It.
I fussy cut the bunny backside from the air stream.
I positioned the stamp on the MISTI door (using removable adhesive to make sure it stuck where I want), and laid the bunny masking over the backside, exposing the air stream, with the adhesive facing up. I then closed the MISTI by folding over the stamping area on to the door to put the masking right where I wanted it on the watercolour paper panel.
I then inked up the air stream on the stamp with the light grey Fog ink and closed the door on the panel and masking.
I removed the bunny masking and used the air stream masking to cover what I just stamped.
I inked up the rest of the stamp with the red-brown Potter's Clay and stamped it on the panel.
Quick and easy way to have the air stream a different colour than the rest of the stamping.
I always keep the masking with the stamp, until it falls apart from being used too much.
I used Distress marker and waterbrush to colour the image.
I found a stitched circle die that fit the image perfectly.
Where I have those stitched circles in my storage, I also have the beaded circles. That gave me an idea so I found the beaded circle that fit.
I cut multiples of the beaded circle from Recollections paper. Even though I was intending to cover it with glitter, I used a sunny yellow-orange for the beaded circle pieces. I glued the rings together, stacking them for dimension.
I added more adhesive to the top and covered it with Saffron Silk micro-glitter. I used my fingers to burnish the glitter. I then wiped the circle with a Swiffer dry cloth to wipe away any glitter that didn't adhere.
I put more adhesive on the bare patches and then added Rust Silk micro-glitter in the same way. The Rust isn't as smooth on the cardstock possibly because I used a different adhesive.
I die cut the bunny and dry fit the two elements together.
I looked through my stash of patterned paper and decided to use some suns and a summery word-y panel. I dry fit them together a felt something missing.
Using the top part of a sheet of foiled cardstock, where the perferations and the hanging hole are, I cut two strips. It didn't matter that they weren't perfect since only a thin matting strip would be visible.
I adhered the foiled strips to the backside of the wordy panel and dry fit again. It was the perfect touch.
I adhered the sun panel to a kraft cardbase and layered the wordy strip on top. I then trimmed the edges of the strip to the card base edge.
To pop the bunny slightly above the beaded ring, I decided to die cut a smaller fun foam circle. I used yellow because it was handy and for the side look.
I used liquid glue on the foam to attach it to the bunny and then fit it in place on the card.
This finished my sunny cool card. I love the sunglasses on some of the suns, very whimsical.
Inside, I added an embossed sentiment and a strip of the sunny paper with a foiled accent.
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Add a Little Sparkle