09 January 2020

Penguin Dance - alcohol marker, glitter with stencil, masking, embossing


Chillin' on the ice doing a dance, my icy blue penguin card features stamps and stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps with Nuvo alcohol marker colouring, stencil glittering, and embossing on vellum. Oh such a sparkle!


Putting It Together


I love stencilling with glitter, oh so sparkly!


Apply and adhesive sheet to a panel of cardstock. I used a Xyron. Lay the stencil on the adhesive and use the release sheet to rub it down and make sure the stencil has fully adhered. Then, dump on the first colour of microfine glitter.


Brush off the excess glitter with a soft makeup brush. Mine is from the dollar store.


Burnish the glitter into the adhesive before you take the stencil off.


Carefully remove the stencil.


Dump on a second colour of microfine glitter. Brush and burnish.


Easy peasy, all done.


I laid out the stamps while working on the design idea.


I embossed the Snowflakes on vellum with silver sparkly powder. I then used nested circle dies to cut them out.


I stamped my penguin on the Hammermill cardstock and masking. I fussy cut the mask then covered the stamped penguin.


This let me position the ice so the penguin would stand on it.


I coloured the penguin on the ice using Nuvo alcohol markers plus one Copic. I then used a scalloped oval die to trim.


I only needed a small handful of markers for this project.


I used mini Glue Dots on the vellum circle snowflakes and popped up the oval with foam mounting tape. I trimmed the glittered panel and added everything to a white cardbase made from the Hammermill cardstock.


Inside, I added another sentiment and a snowflake as well as a couple of penguins coloured with the same markers.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Blue
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes: Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Simon Says Monday: Something New (stencil & penguin stamp set)
Crazy 4 Challenges: Something New
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I can't believe I've never done this glitter technique before - it's fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the Kraftin Kimmie Stamps blue challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stencilling with glitter looks stunning and your card is so cute - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute!! I love the adorable penguins. Great work getting him to stand on the ice!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.