24 January 2020

Birthday Balloon Shaker Easel - alcohol marker, die cutting


Shaka-shaka! Balloons to celebrate your birthday! My easel card features critters from a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set paired with a Tonic Studios kit and Marabu shimmer sprays.


Putting It Together

The Tonic birthday kit for their anniversary last year was just too tempting to pass up. But, while I love it, I kept not getting around to using it. But that shaker! You might be able to figure out why I was so taken by it. I decided to embellish the die-cutting with two critters from a Kimmie Christmas set as snug Birthday revellers. 



I did a dry layout with the Kimmie stamps to see how they could fit together.


I looked through my stash of 'experiments' and found a panel where I was seeing how the Marabu shimmer sprays work on Bristol. A bit of a mess, but also confetti-ish.I decided to use this for the die-cut.


I used the die with the shimmer spray panel and mounted it to Sweet Sentiments premium cardstock which is off-white with a subtle sparkle (and great for alcohol marker colouring). I die cut a base as well and decided to use a blue spotty paper from the 6x6" pad in the kit.


I coloured up the two critters using Nuvo alcohol markers on a scrap of Neenah cardstock.


I fussy cut the critters and added them, with foam mounting tape, to the card front after adding the shakers and bits along with some cord for balloon strings. I dry fit the base with the sentiment die-cuts (from the kit) cut from a scrap of the shimmer spray panel. The purple balloons are the fall out from the shaker die.


For the easel, I adhered the card front to the base with double-sided tape. The balloons on the base are stand-up helpers with foam mounting tape on the top side and mini Glue Dots on the bottoms to mount them at a low slant.


The easel stands perfectly with the balloons on the base helping.


Since the card front and base don't line up, I decided to have part of the base visible when the card is flat. I love the pop of whimsy and colours with the revellers.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Happy Birthday
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Outlawz Saturday Paper ala Mode: Things That Make You Happy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate! So many great elements to this fun card! I love shakers and easel cards as well as balloons so its a winner in my book! Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute shaker card and so many great elements and details. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.