05 January 2020

Paw-some Celebration - watercolour marker


My card today would be perfect for a little boy (or any dog lover) with a puppy and holographic balloon! The card features stamps from Newton's Nook, die cuts from Tim Holtz and MFT, paper from Stampin' Up, and watercolouring with Arteza markers.

Putting It Together

My crafty-friend gave me a set of 48 Arteza watercolour markers for Christmas to add to my collection. While the colours are rich and vibrant, the ink doesn't lift and float like Zigs. The brush nib is similar to Zig which makes them a good substitute if you're not expecting them to work entirely like watercolour. They're more akin to a hybrid or dye ink, sinking into 140lb watercolour paper immediately and not remaining entirely water-reactive. I intend to do a comparison video in the near future with the various watercolour markers I have including Zigs, Arteza, Kelly Creates, Nuvo, and Distress.


I used Canson XL as the paper and coloured up the image from the Simon Says Stamp exclusive Newton's Nook set with the Arteza watercolour markers added touches of white Posca paint pen for the eyes and Gelly Roll blue metallic for the collar tag.


I trimmed the panel at a slant and built up and idea with patterned paper and dies.


I used a retired Stampin' Up patterned paper with Tempting Turquoise for the mat and sentiment. I die-cut the balloon from holographic cardstock and added everything to a white top-fold card base. I love how the balloon changes colour depending on how the light hits it. I used thread for the balloon string and ran it under the paw, anchoring it on the back of the panel.


Inside, I used stamps from Paw-some birthday.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Party Time
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Something New (Arteza markers, both stamp sets)
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Seize the Birthday: Layer It
Watercooler Wednesday: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card! Love that you added the fun patterned paper matching with the big holographic balloon! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.