21 September 2019

Too Cute detail - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, alcohol ink markers, stencil embossing on vellum, masking


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! Today is Saturday and that means a new challenge. The challenge this week is Halloween.

For more information on the challenge and specials at Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, check out my main post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/too-cute-kraftin-kimmie-stamps.html.


Putting It Together


For my card, I used masking and alcohol markers to make a bouncy girly spider with Monster Mash on a vellum stencil embossed web over a Marbu shimmer spray background panel and a dotty frame.


The Monster Mash set comes with several monster parts including a cute girly head and a pair of short legs. I cut the legs apart so I could use them singly (I can always put them side by side later) to make 8 legs behind the masked head.


I used Nuvo alcohol markers to colour the girly spider on Strathmore Marker paper.


I used the new web stencil to emboss on vellum. I put the raised web side down and added Granite Grey overall and blotches of Wicked Black with a blending tool to accent the webbing.


A couple months ago I was trying out Marabu shimmer sprays that I had acquired. I used a heavy watercolour panel and sprayed with different colours. Sadly, I forgot to get a picture when I made it with the colours I used. I think it's Reseda, Lemon, and Red or Rose Pink. The panel has been in my "background box" waiting for a project.


I dry fit the web and spider over the panel and liked the way they looked together.


I added a glitzy dotty frame and put them on a black card base. The spider is on a mini wobble for bouncy jiggly movement.


When I use a black card base, I like to add a white or light coloured inner panel to make it easier to add a personal message. I trimmed the white panel with the dotty glitzy paper and added a fitting sentiment.



Supplies



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.