11 September 2019

Leaves Are Falling detail - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, chalk pastels, embossing


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! This means I get to help showcase sneak peeks for the September release! I can't wait to show you the rest of the sneak peeks I have for this week, but today is all about Leaves Are Falling.

For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/leaves-are-falling-kraftin-kimmie.html. This post goes into the details about how I made the card.

Putting It Together

Leaves are Falling, by Cheryl Grant, showcases two of her cute kids and three sentiments. It will be available with the rest of the September release on Saturday, 14 Sept.


For this card I decided to use the girl raking up and the kitty dive-bombing into the leaf bucket. I loved jumping in leaves as a kid. I'm so envious of this kitty.


I used Party Peach to stamp the image on watercolour paper. (I ran out of labels for my labeller *sniffle*)


I was going to watercolour, but when I was considering which watercolours to use, I saw the box of chalk pastels I bought over a year ago at a garage sale (for $3 CDN!!) and hadn't yet used. I recently got a couple packs of stylus spongy things. Hmmm.. thinks I.. this might be interesting. So I gave them a try on the watercolour paper using the stylus thingies for the small spaces. I rather like the soft look and will definitely use them again like this.


I decided to use a brightly coloured leafy patterned paper as a contrast to the soft pastels. I also found a dotted faux stitch die to fit the image.


I used a dark burgundy to mat the image panel and popped it up with foam mounting tape. I also matted the background paper with the same burgundy paper and used it as a background for the embossed sentiment, too, all on a kraft card base. I added three of the dots from the new Holiday Dots to finish.


Inside, I used the new Berry Bliss for another sentiment on a mustard yellow panel with punched corners and a burgundy mat.


All the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps supplies used on my card. Creamy Caramel is available now. The others are available on Saturday: Falling Leaves stamp set, Berry Bliss ink, and Holiday Dots. 



Supplies


For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/leaves-are-falling-kraftin-kimmie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.