24 September 2019

Autumn Box detail - KKS, embossing 2 ways


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! Today is the start of the monthly Skrappy challenge!

For my "not a card", I made an embossed die-cut box coloured with Marabu crayons and Prima waxes with a pumpkin using Kimmie inks and a stamp from the Grateful Pumpkins set.


Putting It Together

I wanted to make a gift to hold cards that's also a thank you, too. What better time to be thankful than in the Autumn.


For the box, I started with a sheet of Arches watercolour paper because it has a lovely burlap-y texture. I used Marabu art crayons with a wet wipe to make an abstract of Autumn colours.


I used a Plus-sized die from Scrapbooking Made Simple and a Plus-sized embossing folder to create the shape and add leaves. I used Prima waxes to add colours and metallic gleam to the embossed leaves using daubers and my fingers.


I roughly stamped the pumpkin and vines with Pumpkin Patch and Creamy Caramel then stamped over them with Yummy Yellow to fill in and add depth to the colours.


I triple embossed the stamped pumpkin with clear embossing to give it dimension and smoothness.


For an earlier project, I made my own ink sprays using Kimmie ink refills and dollar store spray bottles with Pumpkin Patch and Creamy Caramel. The bottle with the orange is spurty while the caramel sprays in a nice mist.


I used a make-up brush to wipe the embossing and blend the sprayed inks.


After assembling the box, I added the pumpkin, die-cut on an oval with foiled cardstock matting, and a die-cut sentiment with matching foiled cardstock. A bit of Velcro for closure and the box was done.


All that was left was to fill the box. It can hold 4-5 mostly flat A2-size cards.



Check out my other post for a blog hop to the Kraftin' Kimmie design team inspiration for the Skrappy Challenge! https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/autumn-box-kraftin-kimmie-stamps.html

Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.