15 September 2019

Pumpkin Spice detail - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, gel plate, ink spray, ink watercolour, embossing


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! This means I get to help showcase sneak peeks for the September release!

Yesterday was the release so today the design team and guests are showcasing the new sets. Information about the whole release and the Kraftin' Kimmie blog hop is over on my main post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/pumpkin-spice-kraftin-kimmie-stamps.html. This post showcases how I put my card together.

Putting It Together

I had a few "big ideas" for this card but kept hitting a few snags making me rethink. My first idea was linking the brand new Leaves Are Falling boy with pumpkin and pup with last year's Grateful Pumpkins with the pumpkin spice sentiment. My first thought was to make a surprise slider with gift card, but I somehow misplaced the die set in my room while moving it from the shelf to my table and doing some other tidy between. Harumph. So, I decided I wanted to do gel plate and even do some stamping on the gel plate. But.. the viney-leafy stamps weren't co-operating. So I decided to keep the gelli and lose the stamping on it. 


First, I needed to have some ink sprays. I used a few drops of Pumpkin Patch re-inker and Creamy Caramel in dollar store spray bottles, added water, and shook. Ta-da. If you want a heavier pigmented spray add more re-inker, lighter spray more water.


I used a brayer with the Yummy Yellow pad to add ink to the gel plate. I added more to the top than the bottom to have a lighter colour at the bottom.


I then spritzed the two sprays I made. The pumpkin orange spray comes out in drip spurtz while the caramel is a soft mist. The unpredictability might be the cheapness of the bottles, but it works to my favour for this project.


I pulled a few variations before I got the one that sang to me.


I trimmed the panel a little and stamped the boy with his pumpkin from the new Leaves are Falling set using Wicked Black. At this point I had been thinking to colour the boy with pencils.


Surrounding him in an arc, I stamped the long vine and leaves from the Grateful Pumpkins set using Marvellous Mocha.


I added single leaves from Grateful Pumpkins with Creamy Caramel.


It was at this point I decided to once more use Kimmie inks to colour the boy, his pumpkin, and his puppy. The trick to painting with hybrid ink is cleaning the brush thoroughly between. I use a little bit of stamp cleaner to scrub my brush then water.


I trimmed the panel a bit more and paired it with three wonderfully textured mat papers. I also added three Earthtone dots. I stamped the sentiment with Wicked Black then double embossed it with clear. (I should have put it just a little bit lower for better legibility.) Pumpkin Spice and everything nice!


Inside, I stamped a sentiment from Grateful Pumpkins with Marvellous Mocha and a sentiment from Leaves Are Falling with Creamy Caramel. I added a pumpkin from Grateful Pumpkins using Pumpkin Patch and Creamy Caramel to imperfectly stamp first and then Yummy Yellow to zazz up the colours even more and fill in dimension with the previous imperfect stamping.



Supplies



Information about the whole release and the Kraftin' Kimmie blog hop is over on my main post: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/pumpkin-spice-kraftin-kimmie-stamps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.