09 April 2018

Spring Birthday - masked sentiment, die cuts


A soft Spring card for an awesome person celebrating a birthday. This card features Impression Obsession stamps and die.

Putting It Together

I started with the idea of green and pink and birthday. I used multiple stamp sets to have exactly the look and message I wanted. I love that tree. It's so versatile. Someday I'll even use it with the reading kids that come in the set. 


I used the sketch from Feeling Sketchy as the idea for the layout.  


 I chose papers, a die, and sentiments from 2 sets to build the sentiment I wanted.


With the papers trimmed and the die cut, it's easier to see where the card is going.


The "happy" is from a sentiment "think happy". Since I only want "happy", I used a Post-It as a mask while inking up the sentiment.


This way I get just the portion of the sentiment I want without having to cut it apart. Birthday came from a different set, so I was happy the fonts matched up. I should have given a nudge more space between the two words. Before I stamped them on the background papers, I had adhered the papers together.


I decided the tree was a little plain so decided to add a bird. I stamped a bird from yet another stamp set on a scrap of white pearl paper with black ink.


I fussy cut the bird and snipped off the legs to let me perch it in the tree.


I added the tree and bird with Zig glue pen for a mostly flat card. I also added a  ribbon and three soft pink rhinestones.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment from one more stamp set and added a scribbled heart from the same set as the bird.



Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Pink and Green
Feeling Sketchy: Sketch 190
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Happy Birthday
Seize the Birthday: Birds
Scrapping 4 Fun: Soft Colours


8 comments:

  1. You made a very nice card!
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love that cute bird sitting in the tree. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pleasing design and I love the soft colors, too, Rijacki! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, thank you for joining at Scrapping4fun challenge
    Hugs xx
    DT Meena Herale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card you made. I like the way have you used our sketch :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the little bird on the die-cutted tree! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy You can visit my blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    <a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Love how you have used the textstamps to get the sentence you wanted. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.