01 April 2018

Cat Nap - Sheepski Designs, window card with stencilling


How fast and April is here! The Sheepski Design blog challenge for this month is Animal Magic. What's more magical than a kitty sleeping in a sunbeam.

For my card, I used the Sheepski Design Cat Nap on a window card with stencilling which is visible on the inside as well.


Putting It Together

One of my favourite things about digital stamps is the ability to size them for different projects. 
I used the adorable sleep kitty Cat Nap. I have a kitty myself, a large black kitty that actually doesn't sleep in sunbeams.


I die cut 2 windows and used one to mark the card base.


After marking the spot to cut, I used a craft knife and scissors to remove the window from the card base.


I adhered a die cut window on the front and inside. I used two different cardstocks for the card base and the window. The slight difference in the whites makes them work together well for this project.


I used a stencil with a Clarity brush on the inside with Distress ink in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmelade, and a touch of Carved Pumpkin. I closed the card over the stencilling, matched up the beams and added sunlight to the front of the card as well.


I had been intending to colour the kitty but when I dry fit her I was so taken with her in her as is so I just fussy cut ther.


I added a little Vintage Photo for flooring and popped the kitty up with foam mounting tape. I added a die cut hello greeting.


Inside, I added a continuation of the sentiment to be hidden by the window and show where it's possible to write below.



Supplies


Challenges

Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Sketchy Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rijacki :-) I love how you have the sun stencilled behind the window and the little kitty napping in the warm glow, the whole design of this is absolutely stunning! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful creation, the simple colours give it real impact
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great lay-out! Thanks for joining us at The Sketchy Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love the sun beams. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Lena - DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.