20 April 2018

Brew-tiful Day! - Perfect Pearls embossing


It's a Brew-tiful day when it starts with a nice hot cup of coffee. My card features the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set, Brew-tiful Day!, and Just For Fun Rubber Stamps, Coffee Background, stamped with Versamark and then brushed with Cappuccino Perfect Pearls.

Putting It Together

Mmmmm, coffee. I'm actually caffeine neutral. I can drink my usual 4+ shot latte (with coconut milk) and either be up and alert or go take a nap. I drink it for the flavour, but I didn't like coffee until I tried extra strong, very dark coffee (with "milk" and sweetener). Now, I like to start most days with the warm (or iced in summer) brew.


I stamped the Coffee Background stamp with Versamark on the darkest of the Neenah Naturals set.


I then brushed the sticky ink with the dark brown Perfect Pearls. It's perfect that the colour name is Cappuccino.


I stamped the coffee pot and cup from the Brew-tiful Day on the lightest of the set with Versamark and also brushed it with Perfect Pearls.


I love the slightly shimmery, very vibrant colour of the Cappucino on the natural cardstocks.


I pawed through my stash to find the doilies I have gotten in various kits. I was happy to see I still had one of the bright yellow small doilies.


I sprayed the doily with Vintage Photo Distress stain, blended the edges and back with Ground Espresso and Vintage Photo Distress ink, and used a Mini Mister with water and gold Perfect Pearls to add a light touch of sparkle.


I die cut the pot and cup with a Spellbinders die and used Versamark and Perfect Pearls to stamp a sentiment which I die cut with a CC Designs die. I did a dry fit of the elements.


I made a cardbase from dark brown cardstock and started adhering the elements. I attached the sentiment tag with foam mounting tape and used tape runner on just the bottom of the doily, leaving the top to be loose.


I added the pot and cup with foam mounting tape over the doily and added some brown rhinestones.


Inside, since I used a dark card base, I wanted to have a lighter coloured panel to make it easier to add a personal sentiment. I stamped with Versamark and brushed with Perfect Pearls from the Brew-tiful Day set. I also used a decorative punch on the corners as a finishing touch.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges: Perfect Blend
Feeling Sketchy: Sketch #191
Tuesday Throwdown: Glimmer and Shine
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Sparkle and Shine
Incy Wincy: Dots and Spots
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles: Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. I can smell the coffee from your card. I use this Italian coffee pot called "moka" for making coffee.
    I love your interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy You can visit my blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and you made such a fantastic background. I like the way have you used our sketch :-))
    Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Great work with the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Incy Winct Design - Francesca Card & Scrap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.