15 November 2020

Autumn Blessings - stencilling, coloured pencil


Blessings can be found in the little things. Hopeful this Autumn brings you many. My card features stamps, ink, and stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Distress Oxide sprays, and Prismacolor pencil colouring on kraft.

Putting It Together

I recently picked up the new Distress Oxide Crackling Campfire and then Tim brings out another *laugh* I haven't picked up the new blue one and am on the fence yet about the new green. Crackling Campfire, at least in spray form, is very close to Ripe Persimmon so I am honestly on the fence about my feelings about it. I got it in spray only, at least for now since most techniques I can do with the pad can be done with the spray. Though I might want to get the non-Oxide version.


I used the Sweater Weather stencil with Oxide sprays on Dina Wakely paper. I'm still not sure I like this paper either. It doesn't always cut or glue well and absorbs more like cloth than paper. But the absorption was exactly what I wanted for this. 


I chose to use the long-retired Clara for my Autumn card and coloured her with Prismacolor pencils on kraft. The first time I saw this image I immediately thought of the old woman on the steps in Mary Poppins, "Feed the birds, tuppence a bag", but decided to colour her a rather bit younger and in Autumn colours. 


I used a die to trim the background and a sentiment panel with a long-retired sentiment stamped with Marvelous Mocha. I fussy cut Clara and popped her up with foam mounting tape. I used a green visually textured paper for the matting to echo her skirt. 


Inside I used a sentiment and leafy vines from Grateful Pumpkins with Marvelous Mocha and Tempting Tangerine. 




Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin Kimmie Stamps: Fall or Winter
Outlawz Saturday Paper a la mode: Give Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.