18 February 2021

Coffee - Stencilling, alcohol marker, masking

 


Coffee was on my mind when I created this card. I had run out of my non-dairy creamer right before we got snowed in for a few days and my attempt at a substitution failed horribly. My sweetie was able to go shopping yesterday and got me creamer so I could have coffee today before an early meeting. Ahhh... coffee. 

I used the new Smokin' Squares stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps February release to create the background for my card using Creamy Caramel, Sandy Shores, and Marvellous Mocha inks and a blender tool. I used the two smallest squares from the stencil, moving the stencil around to add the squares to my background.

I used the Brew-tiful Day stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie with a bit of masking and Copic colouring to create the coffee pot with two cups on Premium Coloring Paper from Sweet Sentiment. The sentiments and coffee beans are from the same stamp set. 


For the cardbase and the inside panel, I used long-retired papers from Stampin' Up, Chocolate Chip and Natural White. If I use a dark card base, I like to add a light coloured panel inside to make it easier to add a personal note. 

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes

Personal Note

You might have noticed my blogging has been a bit sporadic over the last year. I haven't gotten my momentum back since breaking my shoulder/arm last year. I've also been rethinking my blogging format and if I want to go back to being as prolific as I was the previous year. I have been making cards and other projects, I just haven't been blogging as many. My arm is fully healed and mostly back to full motion (still have a little trouble reaching behind my back), but my overall mobility has been reduced because of the situation with the pandemic and putting off getting care. Plus, I also got back into gaming and have been working out the balance with that added.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.