12 September 2018

Coffee Owl - watercolour pencil


For many of us, it's a wise thing to start the day with coffee, like the wisdom of an owl. My card features an image from Jessica Lyn coloured with Prisma Marketing watercolour pencils and Core'dinations plaid papers.

Putting It Together

I got this adorable digi over a year ago and it is sadly no longer available. But, Jessica Lynn has other wonderful digis on her site.


I used Prima Marketing watercolour pencils to colour the image while I was at lunch at my day job.


At home, I added gel pen white detail to the eyes and Wink of Stella sparkle to the hearts. I fussy cut the image with a narrow margin. One of these days I'll get a digital cutter *sighs wistfully*


I decided to use a sketch challenge for the layout.


I die cut two Core'dinations plaid cardstock panels and dry fit them with the image.


I adhered everything to a white card base using foam mounting tape to pop-up the circle. I added Doodlebug gems and a chip[board butterfly from Prima Marketing.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment in brown and added strips of the plaid for a colourful detail.




Supplies


Challenges

Feeling Sketchy: Sketch #200
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: 3 of 1 item
Crafter's Cafe: Three of something
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers with Watercolour: Optional Butterfly

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable digi, Kate, and how beautifully you've watercoloured it. Love the sentiment, too. Absolutely true, of course. Thanks so much for joining our HLS Watercolour Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colouring on your Digi. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The owl is just beautiful and the sentiment so true. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the coffee time! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy You can visit my blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.