06 September 2018

ATCs - embossing, Cosmic Shimmer and Nuvo Mousse


Artist Trading Cards are small cards, typically 2.5" x 3.5" that can be, well, traded or given to showcase a few your talents. My ATCs feature Unity Stamps, Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish, Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, embossing with Simon Says Stamp and Emerald Creek, and stamping with Stazon. Just a quick pair of lovelies.

Putting It Together

Last night, after finishing the card I wanted to make I still had time before my self-appointed "bedtime". I had about 30 minutes, so I thought I totally had enough time to do a little more. *laugh*


I used Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish, Chocolate Bronze, to colour a panel for a technique post that I'm writing. It's a warm bronze that I thought would look good with something Autumn-y. I also wanted to give stamping on the Gilding Polish a try.


I trimmed the panel to 2.5" x 3.5" to make an ATC and dry fit the stamps to make sure they fit. I used stamps of two different sets.


My first attempt at stamping with a Momento Dew Drop wasn't super successful. The dye ink sat on the surface very wet. When the gilding polish dries, it's waterproof like an acrylic. So, I wiped it off and tried again with Stazon. That worked perfectly. The dye ink might have dried eventually, the gilding polish isn't a resist, so I will give that a try again sometime.


I still had time, about 15 minutes!  So, I took another panel I had made with Blossom. I trimmed it down and saw that I could fit Perfect Day set with a little manoeuvring.


I embossed the hummingbird with Antique Gold from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment with Northern Lights Allure from Emerald Creek. As another experiment, I tried watercolouring with Nuvo mousse (Pacific Teal) on the hummingbird using a waterbrush. I've watercoloured with Nuvo mousse before on watercolour paper, but with the results of the dye in stamping, wasn't sure if it would work on this background. It worked perfectly.  I decided I wanted more colour so also tried watercolouring with another gilding polish, Indian Summer. I hadn't tried watercolouring with a gilding polish yet, but it worked possibly even better than the Nuvo mousse.


I love how this turned out. I'm going to have to do more watercolouring with the gilding polish on future projects. Oh.. and I did take a bit longer than my bedtime. But only by about 15 minutes *laugh*


Supplies


Challenges

Unity {show & tell}: ATCs
Crafty Friends: Animal/Bird
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Stamp It On
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Stamp On It
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Stamp Technique
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "animals/birds” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ATCs are adorable, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable stamped images and awesome mixed media works, Rijacki! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    Marge
    ×

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.