28 October 2017

Noel Elf - watercolour pencil


It's a time of wonder, a time of bright blessings, it's the magic of winter and Christmas.

This card features a digital stamp by Scrapper's Delight with watercolour pencil.


Putting It Together

I'm not sure when I coloured this image or if it was at work on on our return trip from vacation. Apparently I didn't take a picture of it when the colouring was done. 


After colouring the image with watercolour pencil, I fussy cut it with a narrow margin. I will leave a margin on images to let the image stand out more from the background, like matting.


I got the background paper in a Christmas card kit. I saw this piece in the 6x6" stack and realise the elf would fit on it perfectly, framing the Noel. I matted it with some value cardstock from Micheals and the colours couldn't have been a better match.


To give the elf a little dimension, I popped her up with foam mounting tape. I also added a die cut snowflake, popped up with more foam mounting tape, rhinestones, and a glittered star.


Inside, I used a stamp by CC Designs and two stickers.




Supplies


Challenges

Scrapper's Delight: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Love this card and the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Extra Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. just awesome dear. you have created a wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card with a lovely feel to it.
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card with great paper combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and I love your coloring.
    Sollan, DT for S4Fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the colouring. Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena S4F DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.