05 August 2019

Yellow Roses - TTCRD, watercolour, sympathy


This week's sponsor for Through the Craftroom Door is Stamplorations!


California-based STAMPlorations™ is owned and managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. We offer clear stamps, stencils, thin metal dies, and coloring pages for stampers, card makers, scrapbookers, mixed media artists, and all other kinds of crafters. All of our products are proudly made in the USA. Our clear stamps are made from the finest photopolymer resin. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage crafters of all ages and experience levels to "Stamp with all your ART!". New products are added every month.

Prize: $15 gift code

https://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/
https://www.facebook.com/stamplorations/
https://stamplorationsdigi.dpdcart.com/

For my card, I used one of the images from Coffee and Roses. I painted it with Daniel Smith watercolour and added a sentiment from Stampendous.


Putting It Together

When I started this card, I wasn't thinking about a sympathy card, but while I was painting, that was the feeling coming through. 



I used the vibrant Daniel Smith colours to paint the image that I printed on Canson XL watercolour paper (so far it's the only 140 lb / 300 gsm watercolour paper my printer will work with). I had to change the lines of the image file to a light blue since the colour inks of my inkjet printer are water safe but the black is not. I kept track of the colours I used so I can get a similar effect another day.

I love Daniel Smith paints but I just don't have the budget to own them all. So, I got the sample sheets of their whole range (for the cost of about four small tubes of the paint).  With the paint daub sample sheet, I can also see which colours I use a lot to put those higher on my wishlist. Before getting the full range sample sheets, I had started with limited palette daub sheets from Simon Says Stamp.


From my stash, I found sentiments to fit perfectly with both the space and the mood of the card. On the front, the sentiment is from Stampendous. I also added a thin black matte and added everything to a white card base.


Inside, I added a Unity Stamp Co sentiment that didn't fit on the front but fit the mood perfect.




Challenges

More Mixed Media: Bright
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting when the card sort of creates itself, without us knowing the direction it's going in. This is an absolutely beautiful sympathy card. I love both sentiments, and the painting is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.