23 August 2019

Mermaid Scales - marker air brush, stencilling,


Mermaids are magical. My background is made with Distress marker "airbrushing" and BoBunny glitter paste with a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil. I paired this with an iridescent paper cut with a die from Memory Box and a stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie.


Putting It Together

I love stencils and will often play with different supplies and stencilling without a project in mind. These will then go into my growing stash of 'backgrounds' for when a project calls for it. Usually, I'll take pictures, even if it's a panel to go into the 'background box, but once in a while I don't. This background is one of those with missing pictures.



Some panels are so pretty on their own that I hate to cut them up or cover them. I decided to try a semi-translucent iridescent paper cut with an openwork wave die from Memory Box. I stamped the sentiment with Stazon. Without covering the amazing scales, the diecut and sentiment add the right amount of whimsy.


To make the background, I used the spritzer tool with Distress markers covering the panel with fine mists of the colours. I let the marker dry then stencilled BoBunny glitter paste over the panel. The Sugar paste is clear with iridescent sparkle. It picked up some of the Distress ink, blending the colours but was also translucent with the colour beneath. It's really cool to see in person and not so easy to catch in photos.


I trimmed the diecut strip to the scale panel and used a punch to round the upper corners with dots before adding it to a white cardbase.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment and a mermaid, partly off the side, from the stamp set.



Another view to show the shimmer and glisten as it catches the light.


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
More Mixed Media: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love this!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Sorry for the late comment.
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.