23 August 2019

Cider Spice - watercolour, marker airbrush


The air is starting to cool down here as we're starting to move into Autumn giving me thoughts of yummy spiced cider. My spicy card features a Newton's Nook stamp set coloured with Nuvo drops and a background of Distress marker applied with a spritzer.

Putting It Together

I often mull over ideas while I am at my day job working on testing computer devices and software. The idea for this card came to me that way while I was mulling the Inky Paws colour challenge and the Newton's Nook sets I have in my stash. It really is starting to cool down here and I really do think about cider as the weather cools. Though, I also think about cider of the harder variety when the weather is warm. There are so many wonderful choices of the hard ciders here in British Columbia. 


I decided to use the Arches cold press watercolour paper because of its wonderful texture. I trimmed a panel to fit on an A2 card and laid out my stamps to find a balance for a CAS (Clean and Simple), almost single layer, card. 


I stamped the mug of cider with Creamy Caramel and then used Nuvo drops and the Krafty ink with a water brush to colour. The Nuvo drops are similar to thick acrylic paint; when dry, they're shiny which is perfect for a porcelain mug.


I made a mask for the mug so I could apply the background. I used Distress markers with the spritzer tool to puff ink around the cup using Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade.


I got my spritzer second-hand a few months ago and have been regretful I didn't get it sooner, even at full price. The spritzer can be used as a puffer for alcohol ink, too, so it's not just limited to "airbrushing" with the markers. The spray with the spritzer + marker is a lot finer than the Distress sprays.


After taking off the mask from the mug, I stamped the sentiment with Marvelous Mocha and steam with Creamy Caramel.
I added the panel with tape runner to a kraft cardbase which also serves as a light brown frame matting.


Inside, I stamped the apple with Creamy Caramel as an accent but otherwise left it blank for a personal message.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Clean And Simple
Watercooler Wednesday: Masculine
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. this is so cute! i'm unfortunately sticking with the hard ciders for awhile as cooler weather is still a long ways off here in Virginia. I'm looking forward to hot cider season though! thanks for joining us for this inky paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing card! So glad you shared your amazing work with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Rijacki! Great techniques. Thank you for sharing your card in the Monday Greetings Challenge on The Outlawz Challenges site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.