20 August 2018

Rudolf's Selfie - Through the Craftroom door, watercolour pencil


Rudolf's Selfie makes a great Christmas card. I coloured him up with Stampin' Up watercolour pencils and paired him with Graphic 45 papers as my inspiration card for this week's Through the Craftroom Door's Anything Goes challenge. Our sponsor this week is Sheepski Designs!


Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant, currently working on 2 design teams and an obsessive crafter and creator of cards. I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky. I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours.
I love anything arty. I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember. In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings. I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers.
I had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I could gel with. January 2016 a challenge team I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so I drew some. I opened my shop a month later so I could sponsor challenges and give something back to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey.
I've a Facebook group SheepSki Designs where I hold challenges, some for fun to win digis as well as my monthly card challenge. I've a SheepSki Designs challenge blog as well. Things are growing slowly (thankfully) so I still manage to spend at least a little time with my hubby :D
Welcome to my world
Andrea

The prize this week is 3 images from the Sheepski Design shop.

Putting It Together

I've had Rudolf in my stash for a while since I fell in love with him last year. This was the perfect time to bring him out. 


I used Stampin' Up watercolour pencils to colour him while I was at lunch at my day job. I later added some highlights with Uniball white pen and Nuvo gold glitter maker.


I trimmed the filmstrip and decided on a couple background papers to go with him. I love last year's, or was it the year before's, Graphic 45 Christmas collection. I'm running low on it, though, so I can't wait to see this years.


I trimmed the patterned panel and used Tarnished Brass Distress crayon on the edges of the green to give it a faint, thin golden edge.


I distressed the plaid panel and then used Fired Brick Distress crayon on the distressed edge.


I added some large snowflake confetti that's been in my stash for more than a couple years to finish it off.


Inside, I stamped a couple sentiments from Micheals and embellished them with Gelly Roll pen. Have your Self-ie a merry little Christmas!



Be sure to join us in the Through the Craftroom Door weekly challenge. It's always Anything Goes!

Challenges

Outlawz Festive Friday: Christmas
Incy Wincy: Winter in August
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes
Polkadoodles: Anything Goes
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. He looks fab water coloured Rijacki, perfect papers and sentiment to go with him <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha such a fun card, Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles anything goes challenge. good luck with your entry. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Renate DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...
    Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at SCrapping4fun.
    Priya DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and love your choices of paper. Love the idea of using the distress crayons to edge.
    Very nice.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine
    X DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks festive Rijacki. Such a wonderful colouring and you have created a beautiful card. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.