06 August 2018

Handy Birthday - Through the Craftroom Door, watercolour pencil, embossing, die cutting


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door blog challenge is PolkaDoodles! The random draw winner of the challenge will win a voucher for 3 digis.


I chose to use Handy Dave coloured with Nuvo watercolour pencil and paired with embossing and die cuts for a masculine birthday card.


Putting It Together


Masculine cards can sometimes be tough to put together because a lot of our crafting supplies are so much more "girlie". I try to add a few "boy" cards into my stash from time to time.


I brought my Nuvo watercolour pencils with me to my day job and coloured during lunch using waterbrushes. It's a nice break in the middle of the day.


At home, I embossed a yellow-orange panel and brushed on Distress ink with a Clarity brush to add detail.


I die cut a light brown panel, embossed it with wood grain, and used a Clarity brush to darken the grain.


I fussy cut Dave and dry fit the pieces together.


I die cut multiples of the Tim Holz Celebration Words "Happy Birthday".


I used Zig glue to stack the die cuts for dimension.


I added the die cutting to a dry fit.


I decided I need a subtle sparkle. Even on a "boy card" a little sparkle can be fun. I used Wink of Stella on the stacked die cuts.


I added everything to a kraft card base.


Inside, I used the Stampin' Up Nailed It set to add tools and a sentiment. "Thanks for always building me up."



Challenges

Polkadoodles Crafting: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Make Your Own Background
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Birthday
Always Fun Challenges: Let It Sparkle
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Watercolour
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Fun card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card! Love the image and great background die. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.